Turbocharger Senior Technician Wartsila
Wärtsilä is an innovative technology company known for being a forerunner in the Marine and Energy markets. Every day, we – Wärtsilians – put our hearts and minds into turning Wärtsilä’s purpose of enabling sustainable societies with smart technology, and our Smart Marine and Energy visions into reality. Our ultimate aim is to provide increased value to both our customers and society. New, gamechanging ideas and continuous improvement have been part of our DNA since 1834. Together, we can create new business opportunities and more sustainable future that we can all be proud of. We want to transition the world towards a cleaner future. By pushing the boundaries of engineering and technology, we can make it work. We are always on the lookout for future-oriented talent – want to join the ride?
Job Title: Turbocharger Sr. Technician 1
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
- Independently to perform turbocharger service and repair mainly on ABB and Napier turbochargers with ability to troubleshoot and provide a comprehensive investigation / inspection / service work reports but not limited to KBB and other turbocharger brand both in workshop or in the field ( power plant or on vessel )
- Receiving and follow up turbochargers and components at WS , evaluating or inspect ( Initial / Final ) and recommend service / repairs job that need to be completed and spare parts that need to be ordered according to Wartsila guidelines and / or working instructions ( SOP ).
- Perform hands on assembly and disassembly of turbochargers or turbocharger’s components and all associated processes for the purpose of service and repair, maintenance and installation, whilst both in the workshop or at customer’s site ( power plant and / or on vessel ), according to working instructions ( SOP ) and QHSE standards.
- Hands on cleaning of turbocharger and/or turbocharger components according to work instruction, ensuring the integrity of the components material and dimension.
- Good knowledge and very good skill in operating of balancing machines .
- On 24-hour call and prepared to travel to respond to service calls from our customers and as directed by superior or company management.
- Skilled in the use of metric and imperial measuring tools, such as verniers, calipers, micrometers, gauges, etc. with high degree of accuracy.
- Maintains / manages of all turbocharger special tools and hand tooling, lifting and safety equipment to ensure that they are in good order.
- Ability to read and understand instruction books written in English and drawings and to communicate efficiently and effectively in a professional manner, verbal or in written, whilst understanding the importance of protecting the company’s propriety information and intellectual property rights.
- Provide advice and assistance to internal / external customers on technical issues related to turbochargers and their components, the interaction with the engines and/or applications.
- Ensures the cleanliness and upkeep of the workshop, thereby creating an efficient and customer focused work environment in the shop and on jobsites.
- Ability to collect/deliver turbocharger and components to customer’s job site and perform work.
- Act as Company’s representative working to the company’s code of conduct and in an ethical manner to expand business activities and strives to satisfy and exceed customer’s needs and expectations.
- Maintain best practices and high quality of service in accordance with working instructions and company regulations to maintain a high quality of turbocharger service
- All quality aspects and discipline for job execution, through standard presentation of components following service/repair, including final in-house job inspection to documentation within company guidelines/regulations, including the accurate and timely completion of service reports, evaluations, part requests etc.
- In case of idling time, willing to perform multitasking job involve in engine components overhaul ( other than turbocharger service jobs) both in WS and Field.
16. Implement WAMS.
- Indonesia nationality only
- Ready to travel all around Indonesia and or overseas
- Minimum Degree (S1) or Diploma (D3) in Mechanical or Marine Engineering
- Excellent skill in mechanical job. (hands on, troubleshooting, site audit and inspection)
- Good analytical, communication, coordination and administrative skills, excellent reporting skills, also fluent in spoken and written English
- Understand Wartsila engine will be advantaged
- Around 3 – 5 years’ experience in similar job
“Excellent Career Growth Opportunities & Attractive Remuneration Package with Medical and Pension Benefits also dynamic & rewarding working environment is designed to recognize the experience & expertise of top talented professional”
Qualified candidates are invited to apply to https://careers.wartsila.com/. You can use “Indonesia and/or Timor Leste”as keyword