Position Title: Technical Coordinator, Asia-Pacific Region, Sustainable Agriculture Division
Position Location: Denpasar, Bali, Indonesia
Summary of Position:
The Technical Coordinator will support the Manager, Asia-Pacific Region to build and manage coffee, tea and cocoa field programs in the region. S/he will assist in managing to field donors, consultants work, producer training activities, partner identification and support, reports visits by companies and other program development Although based in Denpasar mainly in Indonesia, the Technical Coordinator and working across the Asia Pacific region (mainly China, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam).
- Bachelors Degree in agronomy or related field; Master s Degree preferred;
- 3-5 years of tea, coffee and/or cocoa sector experience in Indonesia; must be familiar with agricultural supply chains, farming and agriculture production and processing activities both large-scale and small-scale;
- Farmer training and/or extensionist experience, especially in the design, organization and delivery of training events;
- Familiarity with certification/verification issues and systems, ideally involving agriculture and small-scale producers preferred;
- Solid understanding of value chains and experience of working with companies and farmers
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English, verbal communication skills in Indonesia preferred, other local languages are an advantage
- Proven ability to work effectively in cross-cultural situations;
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office and Internet);
- Experience in the development of work plans and budgets; ability to work independently and in a team towards defined objectives and goals; and
- Willingness and ability to travel extensively in Indonesia and other countries in Asia-Pacific up to 40% of the time and to spend significant periods in rural areas.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in Indonesia.
Send resume, cover letter and salary history to
PT Smartwood Indonesia, Jl. Ciung Wanara no.1X Renon Denpasar Bali, 80225
Fax +62 361235-875 or email to email@example.com
The Rainforest Alliance is an equal opportunity employer.