Vacancy Notice No: WR/INO/11/01
Title: Secretary (EPI)
Grade: DJ. 4
Contract type: Temporary
Duration of contract: Up to 31 December 2011
Date: 11 March 2011
Deadline for application: 31 March 2011
Duty Station: JAKARTA Indonesia
Organization unit: Expanded Programme on Immunization (EPI), WHO Country Office, Jakarta, Indonesia
Description of duties:
- Prepares correspondence for supervisor’s signature, checking enclosures and addresses.
- Types reports and correspondence in English or in Bahasa Indonesia in respect the project work.
- Translates letters, reports and document from Bahasa Indonesia into English and vice-versa and assists in interpretation, as required.
- Arranges appointment for supervisor, receives visitors, places and screens’ telephone calls, response to routine request for information.
- Types a wide variety of material from drafts, printed text and dictating machines; operate computers.
- Provides all clerical/typing assistances to all the consultants assigned to the project and to the WR office, when required.
- Makes travel arrangement for in-county field visits for the supervisor and consultants in consultation with national authorities.
- Maintain office records and references files on various matters covered by the project.
- Takes notes at meetings, as required
- Performs other related duties, as assigned.
Completion of secondary education, complemented by clerical/secretarial training. Training in Library work preferred.
Functional Skills and Knowledge:
Thorough knowledge of modern office procedures; Typing speed of 45 W/per minutes; Ability to draft routine correspondence using word processing equipment. Knowledge of other software applications an advantage. Ability to complete standard form in Indonesia language according to administrative requirements and to assist in interpreting local rules and regulations for applications according to WHO requirements.
Minimum 2 years experience in secretarial and clerical posts preferably with an International Organization.
Essential: A very good knowledge of English and Bahasa Indonesia
Please submit application to the WHO Representative, at WHO Office, Bina Mulia 1, Jl.
HR Rasuna Said, Jakarta 12950 in the attached ‘Personal History Form’ in English and send necessary certificates of qualifications and experience. At the top left of the application, please mention Application for the post of TGS, Secretary (EPI),
This is a National General Staff position. Therefore, we only accept applications from nationals of Indonesia. Please REFRAIN from applying if you are not a national of Indonesia.
Short-listed candidates will be contacted to undertake a written test or presentation prior to interview. WHO does not cover any expenses related to participation in tests and/or interviews.
Annual salary: (Net of tax) In accordance with WHO salary scale for GS-4 level.
WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or other tobacco users.