World Health Organization
Vacancy Notice No: WR/INO/09/TA06
Title: Information Management Assistant (Librarian)
Date: 13 May 2009
Deadline for applications: 2 June 2009
Grade: DJ. 05
Contract type: Temporary with possible extension
Duty Station: Jakarta, Indonesia
Organizational Unit: WHO Representative, Indonesia
Objectives of the Programme
To provide assistance to the WHO country office in Indonesia in area of library and information
management and dissemination.
Description of duties
Under the direct supervision of Technical Officer (Monitoring), the incumbent performs the following
- Perform information needs assessment of the professional staff members from all technical units and conduct collections/information materials analysis at the WHO Country Office.
- Evaluating the adequacy of existing reference sources and tools, and implementing new Technologies in information management to ensure that new services development and/or tools adopted for efficient access to information are accessible to staff throughout the Organization.
- Liaise with HeLLIS National Focal Point (NIHR&D Library), HeLLIS network libraries in Indonesia and Media Officer of WCO Indonesia.
- Identify, collect and process print and electronic information resources (books, journals, articles, presentations, audio visual) using the existing system: Integrated Library System (PhPLibrary) for the management of the information resources.
- Cataloguing, abstracting, indexing and of complex bio-medical materials using international standard tools such as Medical Subject Heading (MeSH), American Cataloguing Rule II (AACR2),
- National Library of Medicine Classification (NLM) and Machine Readable Cataloguing 21 (MARC21).
- Disseminate of all WHO Publications to WCO staff members and their counterparts.
- Provide reference and information services to staff in all subject areas of interest utilizing both print and electronic information resources. Participate in the day-to-day maintenance, update and general administration of the library collection including CD-ROM resources.
- To be in charge for the library intranet site and take full responsibility for the development and maintenance of the information resource intranet web pages.
Essential: Graduation from university.
Desirable: Special training in library and information management desirable.
- Producing results
- Ensuring the effective use of resources
- Fostering integration and teamwork
- Communicating in a credible and effective way
- Knowing and managing yourself.
Functional Skills and Knowledge
Advanced knowledge in library and information management. Good interpersonal communication skill to liaise with national counterparts and WHO staff members. Ability to conduct needs assessment, and to guide users to access and use the available information resources in an effective
manner. Able to adapt to diverse cultural work environment and to maintain high standard of professional conduct.
Essential: At least 3 years working experience in area of information or libraries.
Desirable: Relevant work experience with UN agencies desirable.
Other Skills (e.g. IT): Able to use Microsoft Words, Excel, Emails, and PowerPoint.
Good knowledge of Bahasa Indonesia.
Good knowledge of spoken and written English.
Salary: In accordance with WHO salary scale for GS.05
Interested candidates meeting above requirements should apply to the WHO Representative Indonesia (Attention: Technical Officer – Monitoring), P.O. Box 1302, Jakarta.
Please submit application in the attached ‘Personal History Form’ in English and send necessary certificates of
qualifications and experience.
At the top left of the application, please mention (Vacancy Notice No.WR/INO/09/TA 06). Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or other tobacco users.