UNICEF Indonesia is seeking highly qualified Indonesian nationals to fill the following position:
HIV AIDS Officer – Manokwari
Under the general guidance of Chief Field Office and close supervision of Health Specialist in Manokwari, the incumbent will coordinate the field implementation and monitoring of the UNICEF supported HIV/AIDS programme in West Papua Provinces of Sorong & Manokwari.
- Minimum University Degree in Public Health, Social sciences or related technical field.
- At least 2 years relevant experience in areas of programme management, health programmes, HIV/AIDS prevention programmes, youth and adolescent development and/or education sector programmes in NGO, UN agency or government programmes working experience.
- Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia.
- Knowledge of any of the Papuan languages an asset.
- Working experience in Papua is a strong asset, as well as understanding of the cultural make up of the province.
- The staff can be relied upon to provide up-to-date knowledge of the latest developments and technology in HIV/AIDS program management.
- Must be able to demonstrate the requisite aptitudes and experience for monitoring and evaluating programmes.
- Current knowledge of HIV/AIDS issues, policies as well as social programming policies and procedures in international development cooperation
- Strong analytical, negotiating, and managerial skills.
- Proven ability to conceptualize, develop, plan and manage programme as well as to transfer knowledge and skills.
- Good computer application skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships, both within and outside the organization.
Candidates should submit an application letter together with comprehensive curriculum vitae, a recent identity photograph post tide applied on the envelope, to
HR Officer UNICEF
Wisma Metropolitan II, 11th fl,
JI. Jend Sudirman Kav 31
Send electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the post title applied on the subject line.
Closing date: 28 February 2009.
Applications from qualified women are encouraged.
UNICEF IS A SMOKE-FREE ENVIRONMENT