Head of Geology & Geophysics Foster Trembes Petroleum Ltd
KSO Pertamina EP – Foster Trembes petroleum, Ltd. seeking a qualified candidate to fill the job vacancy as:
Head of Geology & Geophysics
(Position code: 001/1215)
- The candidate will report to Exploitation Manager.
- He/She will be involved in the discovery, exploration and development of oil & gas.
- He/She must interpret geophysical, geochemical and geological data to develop models of the subsurface of the earth, with the aim of discovering commercially viable and exploitable reserves of oil & gas.
- He/She must provide the foundation for the exploration and production of oil & gas reserves.
- He/She must also be involved in the production of reserves and may provide specialist advice for engineering projects.
- Collecting information in the field, from seismic and well data and other sources.
- Monitoring the acquisition of data to ensure consistent quality.
- Interpreting data to determine subsurface geology and the economic importance of oil & gas resources, using sophisticated technical software.
- Developing geological models of the earth’s subsurface to understand the geological structure, rock characteristics and the likely distribution of oil & gas reservoir zone.
- Interpreting the results in consultation with other earth science professionals.
- Assessing the potential quality of hydrocarbon resources.
- Collaborating with drilling engineers to determine drilling locations on the basis of the interpretation of the data and models developed.
- Producing and presenting geological maps and reports.
- Performing detailed geological risk analysis of proposed exploration targets.
- Planning and undertaking an exploration drilling program, after collecting and modelling all available data.
- Planning the location and trajectory of development wells and putting well proposals together in conjunction with the multidisciplinary team.
- Creating new opportunities to access remaining reserves.
- Implementing new technologies in geological modelling and seismic processing.
- Advising engineers and senior management on geological factors affecting exploration.
- In exploration deal with a larger number of sites and a wide spread of data and also use satellite imagery and gravity and magnetic surveys to evaluate a whole basin.
- In production, he / she must concentrate on sites that are already operational, making assessments on the basis of well core and well fluid samples.
- As oil resources decline, the role of Head of G & G will change from exploration-dominated to production-dominated responsibilities.
- S1 degree in Geology or Geophysics
- Has 10 years’ experience in a variety of roles within the oil & gas sector, such as geophysicist, geologist, geochemist or sedimentologist.
- Has a deep knowledge with East Java Basin especially On-shore North East Java Basin.
- Has 1 years’ experience in this similar position.
If you feel suitable with the requirements above, please send your CV with your latest full color photograph to our email :
The due date of this vacancy is December 23rd 2015. Please specify the Position Code in the “Subject” field when send your email.
ONLY APPLICANTS THAT MEET REQUIREMENTS WILL BE CONTACTED