DISEASE CONTROL CENTRE (DCC) DATA ENCODER COORDINATOR (NATIONAL)
Location: Project Office, 6th floor, Directorate of Animal Health, Building C, Ministry of Agriculture, Jakarta, Indonesia., with extensive travel within Indonesia., INDONESIA
Application Deadline: 25-Mar-10
Type of Contract: Other
Languages Required: English
Duration of Initial Contract: 2 months with possibility of extension
In close cooperation with the Epidemiology Group and LDCC Coordinators provide operational and technical support to DCC data encoder, LDCC Data Encoders and Provincial Data Encoders to ensure the rapid and continuous flow of data from LDCCs to DCC.
- Assist in the recruitment of Casual Data Encoders and DCC/LDCC Data Encoders by updating the Data Encoders TOR, administering the practical database test participating in interview and provide initial training once the Data Encoders have been hired.
- Supervise DCC data encoder and LDCC Data Encoders to ensure they are performing effectively. This includes visiting field locations, weekly Messenger Conferences, regular telephone calls and reviewing the data that the DCC/LDCC Data Encoders submit. Suggestions and comments to improve performance and decrease errors in reporting should be discussed within the epidemiology, training and other groups to agree on best ways to implement required corrective actions or improvements.
- Monitor data flow between districts, LDCCs and the DCC to identify obstacles to timely reporting and potential backups. Based on these findings suggest necessary actions to ensure reports arrive in a timely manner.
- Provide monthly data report for all LDCCs as a requirement to release the payment based on the Letter of Agreement between FAO project and the LDCC.
- Provide input and support to the development of the new PDSR database.
- Provide inputs for training materials and guidelines of work for DCC/LDCC Data Encoders and the Provincial Data Encoders.
- Provide technical support to Provincial Data Encoders to ensure they are performing effectively by providing initial training, visiting the field locations, regular telephone calls, and a potential backstopping if required
- Provide database management support when the Senior Data Encoder is not available.Record short messages services on AI active cases forward by the National Project Coordinator and provide necessary report.
- Manage and monitor casual Data Encoders when needed.
- Perform other related duties as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
- Minimum of 3 years experience in related area of works
- Excellent knowledge of Internet and various computer software programs, especially MS Access, MS Excel, and MS Word.
- Familiarity with operational issues of database management
- Good ability to speak and write English and Bahasa Indonesia.
All applications should be addressed to:
Operations Support Unit
Office of the FAO Representative in Indonesia,
11th floor Menara Thamrin Building
Jalan M.H. Thamrin Kav.3 Jakarta 10250