WorleyParsons is an international design and project services organization employing over 30,000 people across 48 countries. With a recognized global reputation as a provider of professional services to the energy, resources and complex process industries, WorleyParsons continues to extend its capabilities around the world. Headquartered in Australia we are a global company that prides itself on providing safe and high quality services which exceed our client’s expectations.
Currently we are seeking high performance candidates to join our company for
Civil/Structural Department Head
Reports To: Location Manager of Engineering
Supervises/ Direct Reports: Supervise a discipline team
Purpose of Position:
- Lead and manage the discipline team and the discipline scope for the assigned project, and achieve project outcomes.
- Responsible for the technical integrity of the deliverables and activities of the discipline team for the project.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
1. Within the relevant discipline:
- Excellent technical and practical engineering skills and able to consistently deliver quality, accurate and timely work to WorleyParsons and its clients.
- An excellent knowledge of the fundamental requirements of the discipline, and the basic requirements of other disciplines.
- An excellent knowledge of applicable local and international standards and statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Competent in the use of relevant software such as MS Office Suite and discipline specific software.
- Understands how the business delivers value to shareholders, what drives profitability and what increases growth.
- Able to make difficult decisions and lead and manage others in changing business conditions.
- Excellent people management skills such as leadership, team, interpersonal, coaching, mentoring and supervisory skills. Must be able to build, motivate, develop and manage an effective team.
- Excellent management skills including the ability to plan, set goals; and manage time, priorities, resources, accountabilities, schedules and cost.
- Understands WorleyParsons Vision and purpose, translates it into team goals and objectives, and gains team commitment to achieving those goals and objectives.
- Effectively manages and resolves conflict between individuals and/or groups.
- Negotiates successful outcomes that achieve the required objectives and have the support and acceptance of all parties.
- Pro-active, goal oriented with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent customer focus and able to consistently meet WorleyParsons and its client’s needs.
- Effectively manages change to work tasks and the work environment, and assists others with adapting to change.
- A person of integrity who is trusted by others and consistently honors their commitments.
- Able to identify issues, problems and opportunities; make timely decisions; develop appropriate and innovative solutions; and ask for assistance if required.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including the ability to convey information and ideas to individuals and groups, and make presentations when required.
- Demonstrates initiative and a willingness to learn and continuously improve on performance.
- Able to work on multiple projects of various size and complexity.
- Able to work effectively in small to large multi-disciplinary teams, and share and transfer knowledge within teams.
- Demonstrate the behavior and business practices outlined in WorleyParsons Vision, codes, policies, procedures and standards (Processes). Implement these Processes, ensure personnel have access to them, regularly undertake reviews to assess compliance, and refer serious breaches to the relevant person or committee.
- Comply and keep up-to-date with the behavior and business practices outlined in WorleyParsons Processes, and with all applicable laws, regulations and standards.
- Select personnel who share WorleyParsons values, beliefs and a commitment to OneWay Vision, and who demonstrate the expected behavior, competencies and performance associated with their role or task.
- Encourage a team based work environment that leverages the expertise and knowledge of the team and nurtures a climate of care and trust.
- Deliver quality services and demonstrate a commitment to understand and meet customer needs.
- Demonstrate a visible and active commitment to achieving the OneWay Vision and its associated requirements.
- Travel as required, including travel related to projects and to maintain links with other WorleyParsons offices.
- Act in the best interests of WorleyParsons at all times.
- Perform any other duties that are reasonably required from time to time.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION REQUIRED:
- A recognized engineering degree in the relevant discipline or equivalent
- Postgraduate qualifications in the relevant discipline; management, project management or supervisory qualifications or equivalent will be a plus
WORKING EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- 15+ years engineering experience in the relevant discipline in the same or similar industry including experience in multi-disciplinary projects and teams.
- Substantial technical and practical experience in the relevant discipline in the same or similar industry including experience in multi-disciplinary projects and teams.
ACCREDIATION, TRAINING REQUIRED:
- Training or accreditation that is relevant to the discipline will be a plus
- Eligible for Chartered Engineer membership to Persatuan Insinyur Indonesia (P.I.I.) will be a plus
Please send your update CV to: