Tax Administration Learning and Development Consultant/s
The Indonesian Directorate General Taxation (DGT) DGT, with 33,000 staff, have highlighted the need for a comprehensive review of their Learning and Development infrastructure, including needs assessment, development of content, delivery mechanisms, and monitoring and evaluation. This consultancy aims to fulfill this need. It also proposes to assist the DGT finalize its Learning and Development Strategy taking into consideration the findings and recommendations of the analysis. To facilitate the embedding of the new capacity building techniques outlined in the Learning and Development Strategy, assistance will also be provided to DGT HR staff to develop one technical course, and train some trainers in its delivery. This core group of staff can then continue in the roll out of the Strategy.
The consultancy process will be broken down into correlated components as follows.
The Service provider will formulate a standard of excellence in terms of Tax Administrations, which will be used as a benchmark for learning in DGT. This will require the following actions:
- Grouping of current DGT positions (as per an acceptable tax administration model) that provide the capability requirements for each group of employees.
- Mapping and evaluating the current learning solutions (Soft and Hard) provided to all staff
- Identify the potential maximum training to be delivered by the ministry of Finance to the DGT
Following on from the identification and assessment stage (component A), the service provider will show DGT what can and should be done to create an effective learning solution for the organization. This will require the following actions:
- Create a Knowledge and Skills Framework per each employee group, thus showing competency requirements linked to solutions.
- Make recommendations on the feasibility of in-house development (Centralized and Regional)
- Identify alternative solutions and providers to bridge the learning gaps
As part of the sustainable transfer of knowledge and skills, the service provider will complete following:
- Identify one critical technical knowledge gap, which is currently not provisioned by internal or external solutions.
- Develop a model to bridge this gap.
- Assist in the Roll-out of this solution and evaluate and support this component to ensure all stakeholders see the benefit.
- Develop a group of internal trainers or facilitators to be able to design and implement solutions to the identified learning needs.
Expressions of Interest are sought from experienced Tax Administration Learning and Development Consultant Consultant/s or Firms.
Assess, identify and produce pragmatic Learning and Development solutions to meet the needs of future learning requirements for DG Tax
- International experiences in assisting Tax Administrations establish learning solutions / centers and develop training capacity
- Extensive experience in the development and implementation of innovative learning solutions
- Indonesian Tax Administration consulting experience, and or relevant consulting experience in a developing country, will be highly regarded
To be considered please provide a CV of no more than 6 pages, or a corporate capability statement (including information on the firm’s core businesses, relevant recent activities and the CVs of key personnel) to by the 23rd May 2009 to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference code of “09-DGT-04” in the subject field. Only short listed applicants will be contacted.