- Work on projects including web-based applications, website enhancements, desktop applications, database-backed websites and web layout enhancements.
- Work within a team environment to address the programming needs of Visionary Web clients.
- Participate in processes concerning the architecture of new applications to meet client needs.
- Code web pages utilizing XHTML and CSS. Following industry standards.
- Work in several development frameworks including .NET, Ruby on Rails, Smarty, and PEAR.
- Work with a variety of database systems including MySQL, PostgreSQL, and SQL Server among others. Work within a variety of database frameworks including ODBC and ADO.
- Responsible for working on multiple projects simultaneously as directed by management.
- Reviews, analyzes and modifies web systems including documenting, designing, developing, testing, monitoring, and maintaining as specified by management.
- Install or customize modules and features for Open Source and proprietary software packages including Website Baker and Joomla!.
- Work with Apache and Microsoft IIS web servers. Interact with servers using FTP, Telnet, and SSH protocols.
- Participate in review and company meetings concerning projects and programs.
- Document work-time and processes as specified by management.
- Responsible for meeting set goals and deadlines as determined by management.
- Provide solutions and exceed expectations of MMG clients and management.
- Communicate effectively with clients in a courteous and respectful manner.
- Proficient in English and Indonesian.
Responsibilities of programmer:
- Arrive on time and prepared to work – as directed by supervisor.
- Be courteous and respectful of all MMG customers and employees.
- Document all work – billable and non-billable time as directed
- Meet billable time targets as directed by management.
- Ask questions of your supervisor if you have questions.
- Work in a team environment to complete projects in a timely manner. Must be able to work independently as well.
- Strong time management and organizational skills with the ability to multitask.
- Desire to stay up-to-date on current and emerging technologies.
- At least a 2 year degree (Bachelor degree preferred) in a computer-related field (computer science/programming).
- Advanced knowledge of standards-based XHTML and CSS coding (not WYSIWIG)
- Knowledge of programming languages including PHP and XML.
- Extensive experience designing web sites.
- Experience with both Microsoft and Linux operating systems.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience with web-based software applications.
- Above average written and verbal communication skills.
- Web development related certifications highly desirable.
To apply, send CV with cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org