ETL Programmer (STC) PNPM Mandiri
Job Title: ETL Programmer (STC)
Reporting to: Task Team Leader
Appt Type: STC (75 days)
Closing date: July 25, 2010
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Appointment: Local Hire
- The National Community Empowerment Program or Program Nasional Pemberdayaan Masyarakat – Mandiri (PNPM-Mandiri) is the government’s attempt to harmonize poverty elimination programs that are based on community empowerment. PNPM consist of five core programs that are implemented by different ministries individually. Currently, PNPM covers 6,408 sub-districts in all 33 provinces across the country.
- In order to harmonize and monitor community empowerment programs across the country, PNPM has launched an Integrated Management Information System (MIS), named SIMPADU PNPM. The center of SIMPADU PNPM lies on its ETL (Extract Transform Load) application that gathers data online from various PNPM programs. Currently there are three ETL applications for PNPM Rural (PPK), PNPM Urban (P2KP), and PNPM Underdeveloped and Special Regions Programme (P2DTK).
- However, the established ETL applications have several bugs and are not yet completely functioning in an optimal manner. In several cases, it has caused a large amount of missing records as well as improper data conversion. It is crucial to improve these ETL applications in order to gather more accurate data and make better analysis on PNPM and its activities.
- This candidate will serve temporary until the MIS Phase 2 starts.
DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- The ETL Programmer will be working as part of the PNPM MIS Team at Bappenas. The position will involve frequent interaction with the MIS team at PPK, P2KP, and P2DTK.
- The ETL Programmer will be responsible to deliver the following outputs:
- Improve ETL applications for P2KP, PPK, and P2DTK and ensure that all records from program sectors are extracted, converted, and loaded into SIMPADU PNPM Data Warehouse properly, without any missing records and conversion errors.
- Create a new ETL application for integration with PNPM Infrastructure Social Economic Region (PISEW).
- Perform data verification to ensure the SIMPADU PNPM has the same amount of data with MIS at program sectors.
- Insert additional types of data to be included into the ETL application, as available at program sectors.
- Provide software trainings to the data verification team and MIS team at program sectors.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
Minimum Qualifications for this position include:
- Minimum Bachelor (S1) Degree in informatics, computer science or relevant areas
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in the field of programming and software development
- Strong technical skills in Visual Basic and PHP
- Good knowledge on relational database concepts and MySQL
- Experience in data integration and webservice technology will be an advantage
- Familiarity with government structure, and highly knowledgeable with PNPM programs.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Efficient, flexible, punctual and demonstrated ability to work effectively under low supervision and with tight deadline.
- Ability to work as part of a team. Must be able to work congenially and productively with other members in a team context.
- Organized, precise, detail oriented, ability to multitask
HOW TO APPLY
- Please only submit your cover letter, CV, references (three names with full contact details) to: email@example.com.
- State the job title you apply and your name on the e-mail subject.
- Deadline of application is July 25, 2010. Late submission will not be considered; hard copy applications and phone inquiries will not be accepted.