Career – SSB – Academic
Sampoerna School of Business
Job Opening (ACADEMIC Position)
About the Sampoerna School of Business (SSB)
The Sampoerna School of Business is a newly established school in Jakarta. The School aims to be a Best Practice Model for the Internationalization of Tertiary Education in Indonesia. The School will offer undergraduate programs in Accounting and Management, It commences its teaching programs in September 2010.
The Sampoerna School of Business is a pathway after the Sampoerna School of Education toward the establishment of PSF University.
The School of Business has the following vacant academic positions for the 2010 / 2011 academic year which it aims to fill as soon as possible:
English Lecturers / Teachers (3 positions)
The incumbent will be expected to have a commitment to teaching and learning. This position will be expected to teach across a number of English subjects including ”English for Academic Purposes”, to actively participate in teaching and learning development activities, and to assist with students’ activities and School events.
- The conduct of tutorials, lectures and seminars.
- The development and maintenance of contemporary course material.
- Subject and course coordination.
- Involvement in professional activities and/or programs involving commercial practitioners.
- Consultation with students.
- Broad administrative functions within the wider school community, as appropriate.
- Marking and assessment.
- Contribution to school meetings and seminars.
- A Bachelor degree or equivalent qualifications as well as TESOL / TEFL qualifications or equivalent.
- Tertiary level teaching experience and a record of high quality teaching.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- An evident concern for the welfare of students.
- The ability to work effectively with minimal direct supervision.
- Minimum three years of relevant working experiences.
- Previous work in education institution would be an advantage.
- Mature and presentable, with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Fluent in both spoken and written English.
- Skilled in various computer applications (Office, Internet, etc.).
Submit applications to:
HR Department at email@example.com
Please submit your application letter, with a detailed CV and references. State the job title of the position in the e-mail subject.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified and invited for the next selection process.