ET Consultant – PROCUREMENT ANALYST
The World Bank Group is one of the largest sources of funding and knowledge for development. Its primary focus is to fight against poverty and improve the living standards of people in the developing world. The World Bank Group has ten offices in seven cities in Indonesia with over 700 staff, one of the largest pools of development professionals in the world, working hard to support Indonesia’s development program.
This position is accountable for providing procurement and project operations expertise, in consultation with senior procurement staff, to Task Managers and to the implementation staff of the Borrowers at all stages of the project cycle.
Duties and Accountabilities
- Independently reviews, analyses and comments on a wide variety of procurement issues and documents.
- Assists Task Managers/Technical Specialists in the implementation of procurement activities by conducting preliminary procurement reviews of relatively large or complex projects as required by Legal Agreement; this involves prior review of bid documents, Request for Proposals, evaluation reports and award recommendations of projects.
- Proposes modifications to borrowers’ draft bidding documents to address issues of adequacy, clarity and qualifications of bidders, sufficiency of time, bid clarifications, substantial responsiveness, evaluation criteria, currency and payments, price adjustments, award criteria, arbitration, application of domestic price preference, etc.
- Evaluates the procurement implications of project design, typically for simple projects and/or in consultation with senior procurement staff for more complex projects; advises Team Leaders/Technical Specialists on options and suitability of different procurement/selection methods, appropriateness and acceptability of local and/or international competitive procedures for the procurement of goods, works and services
- Reviews and/or prepares initial drafts of procurement chapters/sections for a variety of project lending documents taking into account the economy and efficiency of procurement and acceleration of appropriate disbursements.
- Participates in missions in straight forward projects or as a junior team member; participates in meetings with Borrower’s officials to discuss the project objectives and understand the implementation environment. Explains Bank procurement guidelines and procedures and available options
- May participate in negotiations and project discussions, and contributes to the preparation of procurement plans. implementation schedules, procurement supervision plans, the development of procurement monitoring systems, as well as to the preparation of a range of documents and reports, Country Procurement Assessment Reviews, Agency Capacity Assessments, etc.
- Participates in capacity assessments of implementing agencies and in-county procurement assessments, by researching procurement laws and practices, collecting and analyzing data, etc.
- Advises staff on procedural aspects for the selection of consultants under BB and Trust Funds executed by the Bank and coordinates with GSD on selection process.
- Provides guidance to junior staff.
- Minimum Education: BA/BS (BA/BS with a major in a relevant discipline (e.g. Business Administration, Engineering, Commerce, Law)
- Minimum Years of Relevant Experience: 3
Closing Date: 12-Aug-2009